- Self defence against a range of attacks such as punches, kicks, grabs, bearhugs, hair grabs, shoves, clothing grabs, wrist grabs, tackles and locks- Learning to fight at all distances and ranges including close quarters and groundwork
- Shotokan Karate basics such as punches, kicks, blocks, elbows, knees and other strikes
- Karate strikes from other older styles (Toshu Jutsu)
- An array of defences including throws, locks, chokes, pins, controls, strikes, joint manipulations, reversals and pressure points.
- Formal Karate kata including Heian 1-5, Tekki, Gekisai, Bassai, Empi, Kanku Dai, Wankan, Jutte, Nijushiho, Hangetsu, Kanku Sho, Bassai Sho and Meikyo.
- Okinawan, Japanese and Chinese weapons including Jo, Bo, Nunchaku, Sai, Tonfa, Tanto, Dao, Jian, Katana
- Karate/kickboxing style sparring (Kumite)
- Judo/MMA style grappling (Randori)
- Breakfalls and learning safe ways to receive techniques
- Posture, stance and balance training, based on the correct postural allignment
- Two man drills, push hands exercises and two man kata
- Study of Bunkai and Oyo - understanding the hidden (often grappling) applications of the kata
- Punchbag, speedball, makiwara and impact pad training
- Cross-training with other clubs including Judo and Goju Ryu
- Visits from guest instructors at no extra charge
- Warmups which aid flexibility and fitness
Manchester Jujutsu classes:
Manchester Karate classes:
Manchester Tai Chi classes:
Tuesday at 7:00pm-8:00pm
Classes held at Van Dang Martial Arts, Newton Street, Manchester.
For more information email Simon on email@example.com
And then there's always the Bushinkai Christmas Party... (pictured in China Town's Woo Sang)